Get more visitors to your website in 90 minutes
'If you build it, they will come' may have worked for Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams, but it doesn't necessarily work for the Internet. Companies spend thousands on web design only for their site to rot in cyberspace with few visitors ever finding it. This book addresses many of the common mistakes that people make when trying to promote their online presence.
While it predominantly focuses on search engine optimisation, there are also many tricks you can use on your site to make it easier to use. Enriching the amount of information available, the user experience and the accessibility for those with disabilities all play a part in making your place on the Internet an altogether more pleasant place to be.
A web site should be the first place your customers want to look for information, not the last. In 90 minutes and with the help of this book you will have a much better understanding of the changes you will need to make to your site to make it easier to find and use.
Here you can find a complete chapter listing for this title.
1. Overview of search engines
2. Content is King
3. Finding the right keywords
4. Adding Meta tags to your site
5. Streamlining your HTML code stripping out the dead wood
6. Optimising your site for your keywords
7. Building site maps
8. Validating your web code
9. Getting links to your site
10. Using content from other web sites
10. Submitting your site to search engines
11. Tracking your effectiveness through web statistics
12. Offline promotion
Appendix 1: Quick checklist
Appendix 2: Googles most loved and hated SEO tricks
Appendix 3 The Web Promoters Software Arsenal
Appendix 4 Useful sites
Glossary of terms