How to implement a manufacturing system
Best practices and pitfalls when implementing an MRP/ERP system
Have you ever wondered how to take your manufacturing business to the next level with an MRP system? 123 Insight's Martin Bailey reveals the tried and tested formula that has helped hundreds of businesses to streamline their processes, showing what MRP can really do for your business.
If your company has yet to take the leap into implementing an MRP/ERP system or are struggling with existing software, then this book is for you. It explains and breaks down the methodology behind a MRP implementation.
Find out more about 123insight
This book will show:
- Why many MRP/ERP implementations fail
- MRP versus ERP
- How to win the hearts and minds of staff
- Planning your software/vendor selection process
- Data - what to take and what to leave
- Breaking down the implementation process
- Managing the go-live process
- How to measure success
Regardless of your business or manufacturing process this book is packed with anecdotes of real-world problems and how manufacturers overcame them, breaking down the selection and implementation process in an easy to understand, non-technical way.
Published by: Ingram Spark (13th November 2019)
Paperback: 152 pages
Table of Contents:
- About Martin Bailey and 123 Insight Ltd
- What kind of business are you?
- MRP versus ERP
- Before MRP - your current problems
- MRP and finance (accounts software)
- Winning hearts and minds
- Planning your selection process
- Planning - What NOT to do
- Selecting your MRP system
- Decision made - now what?
- Back to School - Start learning!
- Hardware first, software next
- Data cleansing / getting ready to import
- Implementation - Data Transfer/Setup
- Downstream training
- Getting ready for take off - The Pilot
- Final Tasks before Go Live
- The Big Day, and beyond
- Measuring success
- Summary and Next Steps
- Appendix A - Project Roles
- Appendix B - Objectives
- Appendix C - Training Analysis
- Glossary of Terms
This book is available for free for attendees of the 123insight Evaluation Workshop. Visit 123insight.com for more information.